- 1 package Mason Dixie Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c granulated sugar, plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Thaw the biscuits in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, prepare the filling by stirring the softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and vanilla until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir the remain 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and corn starch together. Toss with the sliced strawberries and set aside.
- Roll out the biscuits into a 5 circle. Using your fingers gently form your dough into a heart shape. Using you thumb and pointer finger, pinch the edges to create a well in the center so the filling will not spill over while cooking. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- To the center of each biscuit heart, evenly spread out 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese filling, followed by 2 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- While the danishes are baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, melted butter, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over the baked danishes and enjoy!