- 1 package of Mason Dixie Buttermilk Biscuits, cooked
- 6 slices deli roast beef
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 stems fresh thyme
How To Bake
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 12-15 minutes until the onions are soft and browned. Add salt and pepper; stir to combine. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Split the cooked biscuits in half separating the bottoms from the tops and place the bottom halves in a baking pan. Top each biscuit bottom with a half a slice of cheese, a slice of roast beef, cooked onions, and another half slice of cheese. Place the remaining half biscuit on top.
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- While the sandwiches are baking, prepare the au jus by placing all the ingredients in a small pot. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the sandwiches are finished baking. Remove the thyme stems and serve in small bowls for dipping.
- Serve the sandwiches with a side of au jus and an optional garnish of parsley and horseradish sauce. Enjoy!