- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium (3-4 lbs) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ c heavy cream
- Mason Dixie Cheddar Biscuits
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How To Make
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until they are soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the squash, salt, and pepper and cook until the squash begins to soften, stirring occasionally, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the sage, rosemary, and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant, then add the broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook until the squash is tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the soup to the pot and stir in the cream. If your soup is too thick, add ½ cup more broth and blend. Enjoy with Mason Dixie Cheddar Biscuits, roasted pumpkin seeds, and shredded cheddar cheese.