- Mason Dixie Buttermilk Biscuits
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Oil for frying
- Hot Sauce
For the brine:
- ½ gallon water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon dry or fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
For the dredge:
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to Bake
- Brine chicken thighs in the brine mixture for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your oven to 400 for conventional or 375 for convection and bake biscuits.
- Preheat your frying oil to 375 F.
- Prep your dredge with all ingredients listed.
- Dredge and fry thighs until golden brown and registering 165 F.
- Top biscuits with fried thighs.
- Drench in hot sauce and honey.