- Mason Dixie Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Medium russet potatoes
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 T. chives, thinly sliced
- 2 T. flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. basil
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 C oil for frying
How to Bake
- Peel potatoes, shred and rinse until water is clear. Then dry and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, parmesan cheese, chives, flour, salt, chili powder, basil, cumin and pepper. Add to shredded potatoes and mix until well combined.
- Heat 1/4" of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil begins to sizzle, scoop out ¼ cup of potato mixture, place into pan and flatten to a ½" thick layer. Cook until browned on bottom, flip and brown on the opposite side. Approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and drain excess oil on paper towel.
- Serve on it's own or wedged between your Mason Dixie Breakfast Sandwich!