- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 Fresno chilies
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 3/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 3 c sugar
- 1.75 oz package low sugar pectin
How To Make
- Slice the peppers and chilies in half and remove all the seeds and membranes. Finely dice the cleaned-out peppers and chilies or chop them in a food processor. Transfer to a medium sized pot.
- Mix in the vinegar and pectin. On high heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from mixture from the heat and add the sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt. Place the mixture back on high heat and return it to a boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and skim off any foam that might have formed on the surface.
- Ladle the hot liquid into the jars, leaving ¼" from the top of the jar. Set aside to cool and stir occasionally so the pepper bits are evenly distributed.
- When the jelly is cool, screw the lids on the jars and refrigerate. They will thicken as they chill.
- Serve on your favorite Mason Dixie Breakfast Sandwich or Biscuit.