FREE Shipping on ALL Continental US orders!


What's The Difference: Natural Vs. Processed Cheese

What's The Difference: Natural Vs. Processed Cheese

In the past few years terms like “All-Natural”, “Clean-Label” and “Real Ingredients” have become all the rage and with good reason!

Recent developments have shown that many food companies, primarily in the US haven’t been using real ingredients in their products and that a lot of it is processed with junk that you shouldn’t want anywhere near your mouth. One of those products is cheese. 

We’ve shown you how most Parmesan Cheese isn’t real cheese but it expands beyond that! The FDA qualifies any cheese product containing 51% real cheese a “Pasteurized Process Cheese Product”. Only 51%! So what is the other 49%? It can be anything from salt, food dyes, or preservatives to extra dairy, emulsifiers, or other artificial ingredients. Manufacturers do this to cut costs and extend the shelf life but simultaneously they’re diminishing the REAL cheese taste.  

At Mason Dixie, we believe in using real ingredients including real, natural cheese. Our Cheddar Cheese Biscuits use real cheddar and our Garlic Parmesan Biscuits use real parmesan. We’re cheese fanatics over here (second to bread, of course) and we think you deserve the best! 

Become Part Of The Mason Dixie Fam!

Which ranges are you Interested In?

Free shipping available at checkout

You've qualified for free shipping

You're $${ formattedFreeShippingDifference } away from free shipping!

You've qualified for free shipping