- 1-2 (9 oz) Packages of pork chorizo
- 8 oz can chopped green chilis, mild or hot
- 2 lb Grated cheese, a mix of Mozzarella,
Monterey, Oaxaca or Panela
- 1 cup Pico de gallo
How to Make
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cook the chorizo in a large oven-safe frying pan set over medium heat, until crumbly. Drain off the fat into a heatproof container. Reserve 1/4 a cup of chorizo for the topping.
- Add the green chilis to the pan, giving them a good toss to combine with the chorizo.
- Cover the chorizo chili mixture with the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Don't overcook it or the cheese will get chewy.
- Remove skillet from the oven and top with fresh pico de gallo! Serve with Mason Dixie Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits, enjoy!